Join us and Battle for Berrima for a great weekend of cycling, scenery and action to save our drinking water catchment - and one of our most unique animals - from coal mining on 20/21 October, 2018.
RSVP here and we'll be in touch soon with more details about how you can enjoy one or all of these great events:
- Early morning Platypus tours along the Wingecarribee River Saturday & Sunday morning
- Saturday morning - Pedal for the Platypus: ride with Battle for Berrima to the site of the proposed Hume Coal mine. Visit a gorgeous property alongside the Wingecarribee River to see some of the rare flora and fauna threatened by the mine. Then make the easy ride back to Berrima for a BBQ
- Saturday Afternoon - Battle for Berrima are holding a forum ahead of the 2019 NSW Election – asking the tough questions on policies to protect the Southern Highlands and the Sydney Drinking Water Catchment from coal exploration and mining
- Saturday Evening - fundraiser: join Battle for Berrima for some food and wine and enjoy their ‘Save the Platypus’-themed event. All funds raised will go towards the community campaign to protect the Southern Highlands and our drinking water catchment from Hume Coal's proposed mine
- Sunday - Bowral Classic: join Lock the Gate and Battle for Berrima's #Time2Choose team for the Bowral Classic. Enter now for your choice of everything from a 35km social ride which explores the Southern Highlands, right up to the 175km Maxi. When you RSVP, we'll be in touch with details of a special 20% discount available for riders entering with our #Time2Choose #BattleForBerrima team in the 35 kilometre Social Classic. Thanks Bowral Classic!!
Free camping available in the Berrima Church grounds.