The Adani coal mine puts at risk water resources that are the lifeblood of Central Queensland.
Rivers, ancient springs and aquifers that form part of the Great Artesian Basin are all at threat from the dangerous Adani project. But we need this vital water in times of drought.
Don’t stand by and watch Adani rob us of life-giving water. Sign the pledge to the Queensland Premier, Minister for Natural Resources and Mines and Minister for Environment.
Pledge: "Water is life. It’s time to put water for Queensland before water for mining giants. We’re calling on you to cancel Adani’s water licences to take river water and groundwater, and to protect our fragile water resources for future generations."
The Adani mine will:
- Suck out at least 270 billion litres of groundwater over the life of the mine
- Put aquifers of the Great Artesian Basin at risk
- Dump mine polluted wastewater into the Carmichael River
- Threaten ancient springs; 160 wetlands that provide permanent water during drought
- Leave behind 6 unfilled coal pits that will drain millions of litres of groundwater forever
. Galina . Rosemary . Betty . Meredith . Gillian . Maureen . Emily . Kate . bob . Fran . Catherine . denise . Mary . Pamela . Lisa . Patricia . Bernie . Allan . Liz . judith