Be there for Bylong on the first weekend of the school holidays. Come for the weekend or make a day trip on Sunday 7 July to see Sara Storer live in concert. Buy your ticket below.
SARA STORER LIVE IN CONCERT - 1PM, SUNDAY 7 JULY
Sara is recognised as one of Australia’s finest singer-songwriters. In 2016 she won an ARIA for Country Album of the Year. In 2017 she was voted Female Artist of the Year at the Country Music Awards of Australia. In total, she has won 21 Golden Guitar awards. Join us to hear Sara and her brother Greg play a special family-friendly show in the magnificent, scenic Bylong Valley.
MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT
Camp* with Lock the Gate in the Bylong Valley or book a house in Mudgee, Rylstone and surrounds. Activities include:
- 'SaveBylong' - candle light sign: 5pm, Saturday 6 July (Bylong Hall)
- Living the Change documentary screening: 7.30pm, Saturday 6 July (Bylong Hall). Check out the trailer here.
- Bylong campaign briefing: 9.30am, Sunday 7 July (Bylong Hall)
- Church Service in 143 yr old St Stephens Church: 10.30am, Sunday 7 July
- Peter Andrews speaks: 11.30am, Sunday 7 July (Bylong Hall)
- Sara Storer live in concert: 1pm, Sunday 7 July
- Self-drive Bylong tour: see the gorgeous Valley on our self-drive tour. Take pictures that will make other people want to join the campaign. Best photo wins a case of wine. Pick up a map from the Bylong Hall over the weekend.
- BBQ on Sunday: buy a sausage and support the Rylstone Tennis Club who are cooking lunch on Sunday!
* Campers should be mostly self-sufficient in food. Water is available. There is a local store which sells a limited amount of food such as pies and sandwiches. There will also be a Pizza Van on Saturday night and a BBQ on Sunday.
WHY IS THIS EVENT HAPPENING?
The Bylong Valley and it’s richly productive farmland is at risk from a brand new coal mine proposed by KEPCO. But there’s still hope that the NSW Independent Planning Commission will recognise the unique values of this place. The coal project would have unacceptable impacts on local agriculture, water and on rich natural and cultural heritage. It is the wrong mine, in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Join us in the Bylong Valley to see for yourself what’s at stake.
Bylong Valley Way
Bylong, NSW 2849
Google map and directions