The Australian Government has announced plans to hand over millions of taxpayer dollars to the gas industry for big new fracking gas pipelines and gas infrastructure.
Our Federal decision makers need to hear from you. We can’t have them getting all their advice from the gas industry and miss out on hearing your voice.
CALL OR EMAIL YOUR MP NOW
Go to the Parliament of Australia website – enter your postcode to find your MP’s contact details.
WHAT YOU CAN SAY:
- I’m concerned the Federal Government giving taxpayer money to the gas industry.
- We should NOT be paying for gas industry pipelines, infrastructure or buying gas directly from new fracked gasfields. The Queensland Hunter Gas Pipeline, NT Beetaloo Fracking Pipeline and Bowen Basin pipeline would put farmers and Traditional Owners at risk.
- Gas is a bad investment. Our money mustn’t prop up the gas industry, putting farmers and regional communities in the firing line for new gasfields and fracking.
- There are more jobs and opportunities supporting manufacturing and agribusiness to electrify and use renewable energy. We can and must switch away from gas.
- Help homes and small business install renewables, get energy efficient, and invest in storage. We can’t support gas and fracking gasfields and longer.
Tips for calling:
- Call the Electorate Office number
- Be polite, friendly and calm. You will probably speak to a staffer, ask them to take down your message.
- Introduce yourself, mention you live in your MP's electorate and tell them your concerns about gas and support for renewables.
CALL & EMAIL TREASURER JOSH FRYDENBURG TOO PH: (02) 6277 7340 EMAIL
Thanks for reminding our government to represent all of our interests, not just the gas industry.
Share this page to encourage your friends to call and email too!
Your feedback is valuable and helps us to follow up with your MP. Please leave a comment below and tell us how you went.