North West NSW farmers need your help! The most protested project in the history of NSW’s planning system is about to be referred to the Independent Planning Commission for a decision.
We might be in the middle of a pandemic, but the good news is we can still support farmers, help kick the gas habit and fast-track renewables - all from the safety of our own homes.
At 2.30pm on Sunday 5 April, will you join NSW NW farmer Sally Hunter for a Zoom webinar masterclass on the Narrabri Gas project and what YOU can do to stop it?
WHEN: 2.30pm, Sunday 5 April
WHERE: Online or over the phone (click here to register)*
WHAT: Webinar: Narrabri Gas vs renewable Energy
- Ian Dunlop - Ian is a senior member of the Breakthrough Advisory Board. He was formerly an international oil, gas and coal industry executive, chair of the Australian Coal Association and CEO of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Sally Hunter Narrabri farmer and local renewable energy advocate
- Bruce Robertson Energy Finance Analyst with IEEFA on Gas/LNG and an active participant in the national debate on energy issues
- Helen Oakey CEO of ACT Conservation Council, which is running a ‘Gas-free ACT’ campaign to pressure the ACT Government to fast track their plan to phase out gas in the ACT by 2045.
Register in advance for this webinar here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Hosted by Hornsby Shire Climate Action and Lock the Gate Alliance
* Please note that this event was originally advertised as a physical event at Pennant Hills Community Centre. The physical event has been cancelled due to Covid-19. Please note also that a similar event was also advertised for the Newport Community Centre. This event has also been rolled into this webinar.