You are invited and urged to attend a public meeting at Narrabri's Crossing Theatre at 9.30 am on Monday the 6th May to discuss the problems of open cut coal mining and the extraction of coal seam gas.
- We the people of this State have simply had enough.
- We the people know that if you own freehold land and you operate within common law, that land is yours to use and manage.
- We the people know that an exploration licence does not automatically mean a right of entry on your freehold land.
- Our committee has engaged the services of a Sydney Barrister Mr. Peter King to support these claims.
- We have a good venue, with good acoustics, and three roving mikes for question time.--- Come along and ask questions.
- We are asking for a small donation to cover costs.
That this meeting calls for a Moratorium of open cut coal and coal seam gas mining in this State until the impacts of health, water and the environment are assessed to the satisfaction of the public.