- 10am – 4pm, Saturday 14 Jan & Sunday 15 Jan 2017
- Bondi Beach, Sydney.
- Free for accepted applications.
This summer join 12 others, increasing your video skills with a very special weekend workshop on video editing and social media for selected applicants!
Currently 37.3% of Australia is covered with coal and gas licences and applications. Our aquifers and farmland are at risk from fracking and coal mining. You can use your skills to help spread the word about protecting our fresh water and giving landholders, farmers and Traditional Owners the right to say “no” to coal and gas.
Join 12 people for a digital-intensive weekend, learning editing techniques and making videos about protecting Australia from invasive coal and gas.
The weekend includes:
- Basic and advanced editing techniques using Adobe Premiere.
- Social media skills and campaigning.
- Filming and live-streaming.
- You’ll hear from guest speakers from some of Australia’s most effective environmental campaigns.
- Work in small teams to produce several videos ready for a National audience.
Places are limited and are based on an application process. To apply please email an application addressing the following selection criteria:
- Some basic experience using either Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software.
- Able to bring your own laptop, with Adobe Premiere and (preferably) Adobe Photoshop.
- Interest in media, video, graphic design or environmental campaigning.
- Care about stopping the expansion of risky coal and gas across Australia.
To apply email: [email protected], with the subject line: "Advanced video and social media course 2017"
To send samples of your work please include hyperlinks only, with no files attached.