Can you put in a call to the Minister’s office, and tell him that he needs to make the Colton coal mine a controlled action and require an Environmental Impact Assessment?
Federal Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg – 02 6277 7920
- The phone will be answered by an office assistant.
- Introduce yourself and where you are from.
- Always stay polite and calm.
Tell them you want to pass a message on to the Minister about the Colton coal mine.
We’ve got this one last chance to get a proper environmental impact assessment before the Colton coal mine is allowed to dump waste in the Mary River upstream of the Great Sandy Strait.
The Federal Environment Minister is reconsidering his previous decision on the Colton coal mine, due to alarming new information about the likely impacts it will have on the Great Sandy Strait and other Federal environment matters.
The Great Sandy Strait:
- Has been identified for nomination as a World Heritage Site.
- Is a globally significant wetland on the Ramsar convention.
- Is home to dolphins, turtles and migratory birds.