Fracking isn’t often funny but Sydneysiders will be giggling to stop gasfields at Lock the Gate Alliance’s Comedy Fundraiser this Wednesday (Nov 27) evening.
The event will be held at The Comedy Store, 122 Lang Rd, Sydney, starting at 7pm, and will feature comedic legends including MC Paul McDermott of Doug Anthony All Stars fame.
Funds raised from the evening will be used to further the fight against fracking and invasive gasfields, including Santos’ planned Narrabri project in north west NSW, which would sink up to 850 coal seam gas wells through the critical water resources of the Great Artesian Basin.
Alliance coordinator Nic Clyde said the event was an opportunity for comedy fans to laugh in the face of the fracking companies.
“No one likes the frackers so let’s get together and have fun to help the communities facing the frackers everyday,” he said.
“Right now we are fighting against unconventional gas expansion in NSW, QLD, NT, SA and WA, so every bit of support helps.
“People are waking up to the impacts of a changing climate, and we can’t afford to make it worse by allowing methane belching gasfields to run rampant across our beautiful country.”
- MC Paul McDermott - An Australian icon, the star of Good News Week, Think Tank, and one third of Doug Anthony All Stars, Paul has performed sell-out shows across Australia and festivals overseas to both public and critical acclaim.
- Micky Bartlett - Northern Ireland's powerhouse of non-stop hilarity.
- The Very Good Looking Initiative - Described as a trashy, David Lynchian, wet nightmare sketch show, this Melbourne collective takes comedy in a confusing new direction.
- Amanda Gray - Her deadpan, straight-faced style make her "Australia's driest comedian".
- Lauren Bonner - State RAW finalist who has in her brief career already been invited to open for Becky Lucas, write for ABC's Tonightly, and headline rooms across Sydney.
- Oliver Twist - Rwandan born and Australian at heart, rapidly making a huge name for himself.
- Anthony Locascio - Young, sharp, and brimming with fresh talent and ambition - sure to be the next big thing.
More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/783827118705885/