We need to raise some cash to support frontline communities battling invasive gasfields and reckless coal projects. That's why we're partnering with the Comedy Store and with the mighty Paul McDermott for the first ever Lock the Gate Comedy Fundraiser.
Check out the excellent line-up of comics and enjoy the expert MC'ing of Paul McDermott. Paul has performed sell-out shows across Australia and festivals overseas to both public and critical acclaim. His career also spans writing and presenting national radio and television programs. This is going to be a corker.
Buy tickets online here.
Wednesday 27 November. 7pm. The Comedy Store, Sydney.
- Paul McDermott - An Australian icon, the star of Good News Week, Think Tank, and one third of Doug Anthony All Stars.
- Micky Bartlett - Northern Ireland's powerhouse of non-stop hilarity.
- The Very Good Looking Initiative - Described as a trashy, David Lynchian, wet nightmare sketch show, this Melbourne collective takes comedy in a confusing new direction.
- Amanda Gray - Her deadpan, straight-faced style make her "Australia's driest comedian."
- Lauren Bonner - State RAW finalist who has in her brief career already been invited to open for Becky Lucas, write for ABC's Tonightly, and headline rooms across Sydney.
- Anthony Locascio - Young, sharp, and brimming with fresh talent and ambition - sure to be the next big thing.
$35 - Friend of Lock the Gate
$48 - Passionate supporter
$25 - Student / concession
With the Narrabri Gas Project likely to be referred to the Independent Planning Commission towards the end of this year / early next year, IT'S TIME TO GET READY!
- Join this workshop to plan how Sydney community groups can work together to support NW farmers
- Get the latest update on why this Project makes no economic sense from industry analyst Bruce Robertson* and NW Alliance rep Kathy Mackenzie
- Prepare to energise Sydney groups to gather submissions to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC)
- Encourage groups and individuals to prepare travel plans to be there in Narrabri for the IPC's public hearing.
On 7 November 2019, Maules Creek declared itself - and its roads - gasfield free, with 97% of residents supporting the move. This means that the Santos Narrabri petroleum licence area is now entirely surrounded by communities that have declared themselves opposed to gasfields.
* Energy Finance Analyst – Gas/LNG, Bruce Robertson has been a fund manager and professional investor for over 32 years. He has worked with Perpetual Trustees, UBS, Nippon Life Insurance and BT and is an active participant in the national debate on energy issues in Australia. Bruce works for The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA).