With the Narrabri Gas Project likely to be referred to the Independent Planning Commission towards the end of this year / early next year, IT'S TIME TO GET READY!
- Join this workshop to plan how Sydney community groups can work together to support NW farmers
- Get the latest update on why this Project makes no economic sense from industry analyst Bruce Robertson* and NW Alliance rep Kathy Mackenzie
- Prepare to energise Sydney groups to gather submissions to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC)
- Encourage groups and individuals to prepare travel plans to be there in Narrabri for the IPC's public hearing.
On 7 November 2019, Maules Creek declared itself - and its roads - gasfield free, with 97% of residents supporting the move. This means that the Santos Narrabri petroleum licence area is now entirely surrounded by communities that have declared themselves opposed to gasfields.
* Energy Finance Analyst – Gas/LNG, Bruce Robertson has been a fund manager and professional investor for over 32 years. He has worked with Perpetual Trustees, UBS, Nippon Life Insurance and BT and is an active participant in the national debate on energy issues in Australia. Bruce works for The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA).