Bill Shorten announced this week he’ll spend $1.5 billion of public money on pipelines to open northern Australia up to fracking and gas.
It’s a disastrous move that would see our hard earned taxpayer dollars being handed to multinational gas giants, putting our water and our climate at risk.
Can you call Shorten and other key Labor MP's and tell them what a terrible move this is?
Bill Shorten, Labor Leader, (02) 6277 4022
Tanya Plibersek, Shadow Deputy Leader, (02) 6277 4404
Jason Clare, Shadow Resources Minister, (02) 9790 2466
Chris Bowen, Shadow Treasurer, (02) 9604 0710
Here are some talking points for your message:
- Hi my name’s xxx and I’m from xxxx
- I’m calling today because I saw the news that Labor have announced funding for gas pipelines that will enable dangerous gasfields in the Northern Territory and North Qld.
- Fracking poses huge risks to land, water and our climate, plus many farmers and Traditional Owners are saying they don’t want fracking on their land.
- Labor shouldn’t be wasting our hard earned dollars on multinational gas giants that pay virtually no royalties and that dodge tax.
- I’m asking Labor to rule out public funding for gas pipelines, and to prioritise investment in agricultural infrastructure, renewable energy and supporting manufacturing to switch away from polluting gas.